Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Life Without Internet...

... is apparently a life filled with reading, for me. Our internet went out on Monday and since then I've finished I Was Told There'd Be Cake and Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. And now I'm nearly finished with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (third time reading it) and Love in the Time of Cholera. This reminds me of when Hunter started his first week of law school in August, leaving me in our furniture-less apartment with nothing to do. That week I finished exactly six books (Okay, so three of them were from the Hunger Games series... not that impressive). And while I'm sure I read a lot while surfing the world wide web, nothing I read is as substantial or creative or imaginative as the books I would be reading. And while I still read a good amount during times of connectivity, I obviously don't read as much as I would if I was without the internet.

I feel kind of sad about this.

P.S. Sorry for the lack of posts lately - Comcast is coming on Friday so hopefully I'll be up and running again, soon! In the mean time.. I'll be reading...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...