Since my ankle injury, I've been driving to work (I was a metro girl before this). I'm only about five miles from the office, but with traffic it takes me about 45 minutes to an hour one way. This means, I have a lot of time with me and the radio during DC traffic. I took a break from NPR to listen to some top 40 station the other day (I think 94.7 FM), and heard them say that they give away $80,000 every Thursday. Well, now. My mind went wild. I haven't stopped daydreaming what I'd do with an extra $80,000 ever since. While money can't buy what matters most to me, money can be really nice and it can be really fun. Here is my short list:
1. Rent a new apartment. As much as I love my 400sq ft. Capitol Hill english basement (NOT), I'd love a first/second floor two bedroom row house apartment. That is numero uno.
2. Buy my new dream couch from Anthropologie.
3. Plan a romantic trip with Hunter to Portugal, my favorite place.
4. Get a personal trainer to whip me into shape.
5. Do something nice for Hunter, like buy all the really expensive LEGO sets or a nice bike or invest in the doughnut shop he dreams of owning.
6. Put the rest into KIVA (my favorite micro-lending charity).
Sadly, the $80,000 would go really fast. Faster than it should. And I know what you're thinking - aren't you guys racking up a ton of debt from Hunter's gig at law school? To this I would say, why be responsible with unexpected money? Also, to this I would say - I'm sick of being poor!!! Get off my back!
What would you do with an extra $80,000 lying around? (and don't say something responsible).