Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Empire State of Mind

Dear New York,

Thank you for letting me hang out with my little sister, Amy in your city. Even though it was freezing cold and I didn't get to do things like go on the Shark Boat for fear of pneumonia, we still had a lot of fun:




Also, thank you for your hospitals, allowing Aileen and Knema to live in your big city - they are so much fun to hang out with, great hosts and make awesome ebelskivers:

No thank you for closing some of your greatest stores on Saturday (Pixie Market, you let me down), but thank you for keeping some of your other greatest stores open (totally scored at Book Marc):

Thank you for the New York slices I had while in your city. I especially enjoyed my time at Lombardi's:

And thank you for Levain bakery. The cookies were magnificent, as always. My picture of choice would have been Knema dancing for their live web camera, but unfortunately I forgot to check our photos before the 8 am deadline. This image will have to do:

Let's just say I've got one hand in the air for the big city.

Photos (1) - (5) by Amy or myself, (6) by Kevin Sharkey, (7) by Austin King, found here, (8) found here.

4 comments:

hanner said...

robbie gave me an ebelskiver pan for christmas!! we should make some soon.

Lisa Maria said...

let's do it! we ate some with banana and nutella which were sooo good. also, good job for spelling ebelskiver right.

Lisa Maria said...

let's do it! we ate some with banana and nutella which were sooo good. also, good job for spelling ebelskiver right.

hanner said...

i have seen it spelled a million different ways so i think you are safe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...