Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Beautiful Mess





I am a total slob. And I have proof - witnesses, photographs (I thought about posting some on this blog but decided it was too embarrassing), lots of documentation. Its mostly because have too many clothes and shoes, collect too many trinkets with no purpose and can't bring myself to throw away my precious magazines. Sometimes I feel bad about it when Hunter gets on my back or I hear phrases like "Cleanliness is next to Godliness." But mostly not. Here is my argument, and you are free to disagree with me: messy can be comforting, even beautiful. And I've posted photos of a certain Isabelle's space to prove it. A globe on the printer? Why not. Mismatched art that can stand on its own? Of course. Matching chairs and rugs? Love it!

Like, I said before... you are free to disagree with me. But you can't say I didn't try.

3 comments:

NANCYXO said...

very unique. i love it =]


nancyxo.blogspot.com

Bud and Leo said...

I agree w/ you! I'm the opposite and it gets a little boring in my home! Thanks for the messy inspiration ;)

Jamie Walker said...

I'm totally organized, even in my mess. You can have something that looks messy, but you know where everything belongs! Sometimes messy is just better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...